Why Hashtag Your Brand in 2014?
Hashtag is a powerful and pervasive tool for social conversation in social media. Since its first usage in twitter in 2007, it has created a colorful history and bright future in social media. Hashtag now is a powerful tool for social conversation, signaling brand’s identity, organizing social conversation and centralize brand’s social data. Almost all social networks we use today supports hashtag. If not, they will roll out hashtag feature in 2014.
Uses of Hashtag.
Social media data analyst say 75% of mobile users uses hashtag in their social conversation. The hashtaged conversation is likely to be more visible and re-tweeted (in twitter) than normal conversation. We can use hashtag for various purpose like:-
- We can build our brand.
- We can run a campaign.
- We can follow trend by creating relevant content and get noticed.
- We can involve in discussion forums for help.
- We can get centralized data on any topic.
- We can use it as a social learning tool.
Brief History of Hashtag.
- July 2007 – Hashtag first purposed to use in Twitter.
- July 2009 – Twitter officially embraced hashtag.
- January 2011 – Instagram announced hashtag support.
- October 2011 – Google+ came with hashtag support in post.
- January 2013 – Vine launched hashtag support.
- March 2013 – Flickr added hashtag support.
- June 2013 – Facebook rolled out hashtag support.
- November 2013 – Twitter hold IPO providing the power of hashtag.
Why Hashtag in 2014?
Analyzing the history and usage of hashtag in social media, we can predict that it’s usage and benefits in 2014 will boost up. Be it a social campaign or political campaign, sports activities or startups event, movie critic talk or brand advertisement, TV commercial or holding boards everywhere we can see hashtags. It has made conversation easy and centralized. It can be used as a powerful search tool. Because of these reasons social media marketers suggest to hashtag your brand in 2014 for better brand visibility and brand promotion.
Don’t you notice TV commercials talking about their hashword, advertisements banner writing brand hashword?
So, why not your brand get a hashtag in 2014?
Here is ours hashtag, #webaryal.
Happy Hashtag in 2014.